Friday, January 30, 2009

Day 30 of 30



So here it is the end of my 30 day self challenge. I was actually compliant for all 30 days, no cheese steak binges or sneaking of to Jake's burgers for a milk shake. I learned a couple of important things during this experience. Eating on a schedule can keep you on track. Their were times I didn't keep to my schedule and let my self get hungry, these were dangerous times, and threatened my compliance. Rather I ate on schedule, hungry or not, and never had an issue with being tempted by the random goodies that float about in real life in an office. Second, get enough fat. If you cut your carbs below 50g, you will need to make a conscious effort to add fat to your diet, at least in the beginning. A plain boneless skinless chicken breast with steamed vegetables will starve you. I mean this in both the figurative and literal sense. Avocados, sour cream, butter, coconut oil and olive oil are your friends. Don't be afraid to liberally apply them to any and all foods you eat.

eggs with cheese
sausage
berries with cream
coffee with cream and splenda
1 tbs udo's oil
multi-vtamin
200 mg magnesium
99mg potassium

home made vegetable soup
chicken breast
apple sauce
sour cream

mixed nuts

wine
cheese
Taco Salad
200mg magnesium
99mg potasium

Milk

No comments: