Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Day 7 of 30


I actually got a really good night sleep last night. For me on a LC diet this is unusual. One of the side effects I usually get from cutting my carbs this low is a lack of sleep. The last time I tried this I pretty much stopped sleeping after about three days. I credit the structure of Protein Power and the focus on adequate nutrition vs the "eat when hungry" concept of my previous efforts. In retrospect I was probably starving myself of needed nutrients, and sufficient protein. Physically at this point I'm ok. I feel neither lethargic nor energetic. My mental clarity is up, yet their is still some fuzz around the edges. I don't think I'm completely adapted to the lower carbs yet. My ADD tendencies are diminishing, but I'm still easily distracted. Could just be my nature.

2 eggs over easy
3 ounces ham
1/2 cup triple berry blend w/ 1 tbs cream
coffee with cream and splenda
1 tbs Udo's Oil
99mg Potassium
2000mg Vit D
Centrum Multivitamin

1 Bone in Chicken breast with Skin
2 cups Schwans Mediterranean Veg Blend
2 tsp olive oil
Diet Snapple

small handful mixed almonds and macadamia nuts

6 oz Catfish
1/4 Avocado
Broccoli
99mg Potassium

Most of an Atkins Shake

No comments: