Sunday, January 11, 2009

Day 11 of 30



We have been trying incorporate variety into our menu's particularly on weekends. It is way to easy to get caught in a rut of eating eggs for breakfast , then plain meat vegetables or a salad for lunch and dinner. So today we broke out a couple of new recipes. The crepes and filling were from the Eades' Low Carb Comfort Food Cookbook. The Double mushroom soup from a recipe on kalyns kitchen. We used the low carb tortillas recommended on PPLP for the quesadillas. I made a fresh sauce from canned crushed tomatoes, olive oil, onions, garlic and basil. I was actually so full part the way through my dinner that I didn't finish my salad or squash.

I have also started to include some walking into my day. I am going to try to get at least 20 minutes of walking on most non-lifting days. I have found over time that the combination of brief high intensity strength training plus moderate walking works well.

Low Carb Crepes With Cottage Cheese Filling
1 tbs Udo's Oil
coffee with cream and splenda
99 mg potassium
multi-vitamin

Double Mushroom Soup
Chicken Quesadillas
salsa and avocado

1 glass Beaujolais
cheese

Shrimp Parmigiana
Spaghetti squash with marinara
mixed greens
olive oil and vinegar
1 Glass Beaujolais
99 mg potassium
200 mg magnesium

No comments: