Sunday, January 03, 2010

Jumpstart Day 2


Today got off to a rough start. We were having our coffee and getting ready to cook breakfast when the power went out. We waited a few minutes and then a few more minutes and still no electricity. Having an electric stove, a cooked breakfast was out. I dind't really feel up for cold-cuts for breakfast, so I just had a bowl of Kashi Cereal, with some walnuts and a protein shake. It wasn't ideal, or what I wanted, but sometimes you got to do the best you can in any given situation. As for the rest of the day.....

Lunch
Deli meat rolls with cheese
Vegetable soup
Apple

Snack
Cottage cheese
Peanut butter
Protein Powder

Dinner
Scampi Style Shrimp
Spaghetti Squash
Tossed Salad
Wine

About the snack, I know it sounds a little weird. I even made fun of Mrs D for a couple of weeks for eating it. Then I tried it. It is really good, just add a little vanila extract or such for a little flavor. Its almost like desert. I also added 3o minutes on the bike today because of what happened with breakfast. Ordinarily I would not have worried about the cereal for breakfast but being that I'm trying to do the jump-start, I did it.

No comments: