Sunday, July 23, 2006

Basic Work Out

Today was workout day. I kept it fairy simple. 2 x10 each for squats, leg curls, Bench Press, Row, Over Head Press, Lat Pulldowns, and sit ups. Nothin' fancy toady. For the most part when it comes to strenght training, basic is better. For get the whole complicated nonsense about some crazy set and rep scheme. Pick a hanfull of basic exercises that cover the whole body and work them hard for 1, 2 or 3 sets. Rest for a couple of days. Every so often when the weights get to easy, add more weight. Thats it folks, the bottom line of all successfull strength training programs comes down to overload, recovery, and progression. One of the best sources I've found for real training information is a place called CyberPump. It is a $12 a year subscription, but is well worth the price. The only thing you won't find there is advice from Roid Rangers.

Lunch Today was a Kev Original.
One Mama Lupes Low Carb Tortilla
Cream Cheese
Proscuitio
Turkey Breast
Avacodo
Cucumbers

The wife and I were lip smacking, digging it hard.

I also made some blueberry muffins from a recipe I found on LowCarbLuxury.com. I did change the recipe slightly in that I added .5 tsp of guar gum to the batter. They are maahhhvulus. Definatley a gold star.

1 comment:

Jimmy Moore said...

CONGRATULATIONS on your new blog. I look forward to seeing what you blog about. THANK YOU for linking to my Livin' La Vida Low-Carb blog. Let me know if there is anything I can do to assist you.

Take care!

Jimmy Moore, author of "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb"
LivinLaVidaLowCarb.com
livinlowcarbman@charter.net